Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Great Bat-Winged Beasts

Dragons. They're never far from the mind of me. Dragons have fascinated me since my friend told me about them when I was ten years old. My name in the corner of the blog is the dragon sensei, my blog called the Dragon's Pen, my name the name of the great earth-dragon, Lithiya. So what's so great about dragons? Why do I refer to them whenever I write, and through my name?

There are several different interpretations of dragons in many different books. Dragons that guard huge masses of treasure, slaughtering knights and noblemen. Dragons that allow themselves to be tamed and ridden. Every color, every name, every size, dragons range from the smallest mice to the largest building and more. But the truth about dragons is all up to your interpretation. And I believe fully that the great bat-winged beasts, as I like to call them, are real. Absolutely and truly. I believe that all dragons have special powers that allow them to have fire in their stomachs and fly, despite their enormous size. But I'm not trying to force my dragon beliefs down any one's throat- I'm just talking to the world at large about how I feel.

What I really hate are the people who try to crush my beliefs, and I'm sure anyone else who believes in anything would agree. I hate being told you're stupid, dragons aren't real, their a figment of your imagination. No, no. You are the figment of my imagination and I am about to push you out of my head. That's how I deal with the crushing-beliefs people.

By the wings of dragons...

-Lithiya

No comments:

Post a Comment